Terms and Conditions
Last modified: September 14, 2022
WELCOME TO GROOPVIEW
These Terms of Service are an agreement, entered into by and between you and Groopview, Inc. (“We” or “Our” or “Us) and govern your use of Groopview™ and related products, features, apps, services, technologies, and software.
1. Your Acceptance
Please read the Terms of Service carefully because they govern your access to and use of Groopview and all related services, content, functionalities offered on or through Groopview, including any software, web browser extensions and apps, mobile applications and related documentation.
2. Our Service
Groopview provides its users with a platform for content recommendations, co-watching and providing commentary. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service (“Users”). Users may contribute to the Service text, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, and other materials (“Content”) you may view on or access through the Service. We might not monitor or review all Content and We assume no responsibility for it. Except as described in these Terms of Service, we will not censor or edit materials from Users. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Us from any and all liability relating to your encounters or interaction with Content from Users.
The Service may contain links to or interoperate with third-party websites YouTube Terms of Service that are not owned or controlled by Us. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, any third-party websites and the materials on them or their policies and practices. We encourage you to be aware and inform yourself of the relevant third-party website policies and agreements that you may encounter while you use Our Service. If a third-party website sets forth requirements, such as for membership, registration, or passwords, you must comply with the third-party website. We will not censor or edit materials from any third-party website. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Us from any and all liability relating to your use of any third-party websites.
You may link to Our homepage, provided you do not do so in a way that suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part without Our express written consent. Other than allowed by the social media features provided by Us, you may not link to other pages on Our Service other than the homepage.
The Service may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain Content on the Service;
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain Content, or links to certain Content, on the Service; or
- Cause limited portions of Content on the Service to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these social media features solely as they are provided by Us. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice at Our discretion.
Subject to the terms and conditions herein, the Service We offer enables you to access certain features, functionality, and information, which may include, without limitation, providing you with the ability to:
- Create and upload Content, including commentary and criticisms, and/or access Content that has been created by other Users;
- Access personalized information and Content, such as recommendations, suggestions and notifications;
- Create your own user profile and other content that may be visible to and/or shared with other Users; and
- Connect, communicate and interact with other Users on the Service.
The Service, including the website, Our trademarks, software, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Us, Our affiliates, Our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You are permitted to use the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only. If We provide software to you as part the Service, then We grant you a non-exclusive license to install and use the software subject to the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service. You will not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Service, except as are enabled by social media features (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) We provide.
You will not:
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Service or any materials available through the Service;
- Modify copies of any materials from the Service; or
- Access the Service to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service;
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Service.
Except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Service may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Service shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Service (or on any content displayed on the Service) must be retained on all copies thereof.
Any use of the Service not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
3. Who Can Use Groopview?
If you are over 18 years old, Our Service is available to you, subject to other restrictions in this Terms of Service. Our Service is not offered to users who are 12 years old or younger. If you are a user between the ages of 13 and 18, review these Terms of Service with your parent or guardian. Your parent or guardian must agree to these Terms of Service on your behalf. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Us or have the consent of your parent or guardian.
We provide the Service for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Service, the included software, or any of its Content is accessible, functional, compatible, or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. You may not use Our Service if you are prohibited by law from receiving Our products, services or software.
4. Your Groopview Account
We may remove or change the Service at Our sole discretion without notice. From time to time, We may restrict access to some parts or all of the Service to Users.
You must treat your username, password, and any other piece of information necessary to access the Service (your “Account Information”), as personal and confidential, and you must not disclose it to anyone and you fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You will not provide any other person with access to the Service using your Account Information. You will notify Us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your Account Information or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account. However, you can be liable for the losses incurred by Us as a result of such unauthorized use.
We have the right to disable, suspend, or terminate your rights to use the Service (including your account and/or your Account Information) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including if, in Our opinion, you have violated any provision of the Terms of Service. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your Content associated with your Account from our databases. We will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your Content. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. We have the right to pursue any available legal process, where applicable, that arises due to the violation of these Terms of Service.
5. Content Shared through Service
The Service contains interactive features that allow you to post, submit, publish, display or transmit (“Post”) Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality in relation to these Posts. You will be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of Posting your Content. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you Post; and you grant a limited license to Us of all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to such Content as is necessary for Us to exercise the licenses you grant to Us in these Terms of Service.
You agree that Content you Post to the Service will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to Post the material and to grant Us all of the license rights granted to us in operating the Service. You further agree that you will not Post to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
We do not endorse any Content Posted to the Service by any User, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Content. We will remove Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. We reserve the right to remove Content without prior notice.
5.1 Acceptable Use Policy. The following terms constitute our “Acceptable Use Policy”:
- You agree not to use the Service to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Service any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Service unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) use the Service to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Service, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Service), whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Service; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Service, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Service (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Service for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters we set forth.
6. Permissions that You Give Us
Permission to use Content you create and make available to public.
You own the Content you create and share on Groopview. You may share your content with anyone else, in any manner that you choose. If you want to Post your Content on or through the Service, We require certain legal permissions.
When you Post Content, you grant Us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royaltyfree, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and other account settings), , and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your Content in the Service. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your Content.
You can end this license any time by deleting your Content. You should know that, for technical reasons, Content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other Users).
Permission to use your name and likeness; information about your actions with Our Service, ads and sponsored content.
Permission to update software you use or download.
If you download or use Our software, you give Us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
7. Monitoring and Enforcement, Termination
We reserve the right, but have no obligation to:
- Remove or refuse to post any Content for any or no reason at Our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any Content that We deem necessary or appropriate at Our sole discretion, including if We believe that such Content violates the Terms of Service, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of anyone, threatens the personal safety of anyone or could create liability for Us.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy, when required by applicable law.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or damaging unauthorized use of the Service.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service for any violation of these Terms of Service.
- Decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, bigotry, or obscenity. We may at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a User’s account for submitting such material in violation of these Terms of Service.
We do not necessarily monitor or review use of Our Service by Users and/or promptly remove any Content that violates the above restrictions.
Without limiting the foregoing, We have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Service.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS US, OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES“) FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BY US/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS CONCERNING THE ABOVE AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER US/SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
8. Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content on the Service infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Our Designated Copyright Agent (listed below) with the following required information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further details):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Service;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Written notification of claimed infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
If you are a User and your Content was removed (or access thereto was disabled) due to a DMCA claim and you believe that your Content is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to applicable law, to make that Content available to Us for use on the Service, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to Our Designated Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
9. Disclaimer of warranties
You understand that We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Service, including the software, will be free of viruses or other destructive code. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, OR MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, CONTENT, THE SOFTWARE, ANY MATERIALS VIEWED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND ANY WEBSITE LINKED IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, THE SOFTWARE, ANY MATERIALS VIEWED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND ANY WEBSITE LINKED ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS“ AND “AS AVAILABLE“ BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER WE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE AND ALL OF THE ABOVE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER WE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT (INCLUDING CONTENT), THE SOFTWARE, ANY MATERIALS VIEWED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND ANY WEBSITE LINKED WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, OR MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE, OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY MATERIALS VIEWED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR WE RECEIVED NOTICE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms of Service or your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, your Content, any use of other Users’ Content, the software, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service or your use of any information obtained from the Service.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Service and these Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Service will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Pennsylvania Philadelphia County, although We retain the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms of Service in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
At Our sole discretion, We may require you to submit any disputes arising from the use of these Terms of Service, the Service, including the software, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, invalidity, non-performance, or termination, to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying Pennsylvania State law.
These Terms of Service constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Us. No waiver or failure to assert a right by Us of any term or condition set forth in these Terms of Service will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
You cannot transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Terms Service to anyone without Our express consent.
These Terms of Service do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All rights and obligations under this Terms of Service are freely assignable by Us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, by operation of law or otherwise.
15. Feedback for Groopview
You may contact us with any questions regarding the Service and your user registration and account: info@Groopview.com
16. THIRD-PARTY LINKS & ADS; OTHER USERS
- Third-Party Links & Ads. As provided in section 2, the Service may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Links & Ads”). Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under Our control, and We are not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. We provide access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you, and do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Links & Ads.
- Other Users. Each Service user is solely responsible for all of its own User Content. Because we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content, whether provided by you or by others. We make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content. Your interactions with other Service users are solely between you and such users. You agree that We will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.